IUEC Local 5 Paycheck Protection
Continue getting paid if you’re unable to work due to illness, injury, or death!
PLAN INFORMATION OVERVIEW
– Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 weeks
– Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 2 or 5 years
– Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working Member of IUEC Local 5 can be denied coverage!
Potential Income Lost
(during the first 26 weeks of a disability)
EXAMPLE: $100,000 Total Earnings ($1,923 a Week)
Example based on average earnings.
ARE YOUR CURRENT BENEFITS ENOUGH?
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY (STD)
Members currently covered by the Health & Welfare Plan have a Short-Term Disability benefit of $500 weekly for the first 26 weeks. If your paycheck is normally $1,923/week and you get sick or injured, approximately 74% of your paycheck is at risk!
LONG-TERM DISABILITY (LTD)
There are ZERO benefits through the local. Without enrolling in these new coverages being offered, 100% of your paycheck is at risk!
The local has a $40,000 Life Insurance benefit. Additional life insurance coverage would allow you to provide for your loved-ones.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
– Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
– Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
– Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at (224) 770−5306 for more information.